Being human is itself difficult, and therefore all kinds of settlements (except dream cities) have problems.
1. The Lives and Breathes Autism Husband
–This is the dream husband. Rumor has it there have been sightings of this mythical creature.
2. The Yes Dear I Agree With Anything You Say Husband
–This is the husband that will stand back and support his wife 100%. He doesn’t always know what he is supporting, but that’s ok. This is still a good husband.
3. The King of Denial Husband
– This husband has a difficult time coming to grips with the diagnosis. It can be too painful for him. The good news is once he comes to terms with the diagnosis, he has the potential to morph into husband #1 or #2. There is hope ladies.
4. The Invisible Husband
– This is the I hear no, see no, speak no autism husband. He avoids what is going on around the house. He always has to be somewhere, except home.
5. Mr. Know It All
– This is the yah, yah, yah husband aka the piece of crap, full of crap husband. He thinks he knows everything even though he has never done any research on autism or spent quality time with his child. He constantly puts down his wife for anything she says or does when it comes to making decisions for their child.
1. Super Mom
– This mom can balance family, friends, work and everything else life throws at her without breaking a sweat. Also, she always has good hair .
2. Tunnel Vision Mom
-Don’t get in the way of this mom. She is very focused on her path and does not enjoy detours. She tends to worry about everyone else, but herself. If she is not careful, she will lose herself in the journey.
3. Can’t Stick With A Game Plan Mom
-This mom has great intentions but takes a detour from her path every time the wind blows. She has a lot on her plate and is extremely overwhelmed. She needs her friends and family to step in, keep her focused and on the right path. She has potential if she can control her urges to jump from one thing to another.
4. I Would Rather Party Mom
-This mom is the female version of the “invisible husband”. She appears very self-centered… focused on how to escape the house and getting her drink on, or worse. Believe us when we say we like our wine, but this mom takes it to the extreme… that’s all she wants to do. She drinks away her sorrows.
5. Why Try Mom
–This mom believes autism is hopeless, so why try? She displays a “there is nothing I can do attitude.” With this attitude, she is right NOTHING is possible.
Stress, threatened dreams, and lack of sleep and support can lead to poor decisions and turn us into a very unlikeable character. At those times, any of us could morph into a husband/wife #4 or #5.