Breaking Down the Insanity:
- Vitamin A, B complex, C, and D, as well as CoQ 10, will be outlawed.
- The FDA will require supplement manufacturers to spend crazy amounts of money to fund studies using doses as high as 2,000 times the recommended dose. For example, rodents and young dogs will be forced to ingest 2.4 million milligrams of fish oil per day, for 90 days. This financial requirement will put most supplement companies out of business (except those secretly owned by pharmaceutical manufacturers).
- Supplements can only include ingredients found in the “typical food supply”.
- The FDA will only approve supplement ingredients that are at the same levels that it uses for synthetic food additives and preservatives.
- The FDA is treating supplement ingredients under the same exacting scrutiny as it does with known cancer-causing chemicals like aspartame, MSG, and sodium nitrate — demanding that the supplements be reduced to “inert” levels of concentration that will render them ineffective to consumers.
- Each ingredient, as well as the supplement itself, will be required to undergo a New Dietary Ingredient Notification (NDIN) process — even if the same ingredient is used by other companies. This process takes 75 days at a bare minimum. And as of yet, 83% of NDINs have been rejected by the FDA (P.S. – “new” is defined as any supplement introduced after 1994).
The Bottom Line:
Your only options will be pharmaceutical drugs if we don’t stop this.
FYI – every year, 100,000 people die from prescription drugs. During 2006-2008 (3 years combined) only six people died from supplements.
What’s wrong with this picture?
What You Can Do to Help:
- Go to this link and sign the online petition
- Join the Alliance for Natural Health and support their efforts to stop these ridiculous over-reaching attempts by the FDA.
- Share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, via email, or wherever else you like. (The link buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Stumble Upon are right at the bottom of this post. If you have another social media icon that you would like to see here, just let me know. I’ll put my not-so-techie mind to work on it.)
- Contact local and federal government officials and tell them that you want them to work to protect our freedom.
- Contact the FDA Directly (1-888-463-6332) or call the FDA Director, Margaret Hamburg at 301.796.5000.
- You can also send comments to local and national newspapers or other media.