- If you think your doctor is curing your health problems because he/she has prescribed medication for them, you’re wrong.
- The medications just mask the symptoms, they don’t correct the problem and make you healthy.
- Treating symptoms is like taking the batteries out of a smoke detector instead of trying to find the fire.
- Our bodies are in a delicate balance and health depends on restoring that balance.
- The cure for much of what ails us is balance — not drugs.
- We need to take away the things that make us ill, and give the things that put us back in balance.
- Dr. Hyman, who wrote this article, asks a different set of questions than traditional doctors typically do. He looks at the basic core systems in the body to see what is out of balance — immune system, digestive system, hormonal system, and nutritional status.
Dr. Hyman’s guidelines to remember:
- Keep in mind that nutrition is the most powerful thing that can create or cure illness.
- If you are depressed or anxious, remember that it is not due to a Prozac or Valium deficiency, but may be related to a number of different causes such as vitamin deficiencies, essential fat deficiencies, or too much sugar or stimulants in your diet.
- Try a detox diet that gets you ON whole food and OFF of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, processed foods, gluten, and dairy — and see how many of your health problems go away.
- Take a good multivitamin and fish oil, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D — the right amounts of these nutrients can take care of many problems.
- If you don’t get better, then get help — you might need someone who can look a little more closely under the hood.
- Look for a doctor who practices systems medicine or functional medicine.
This article caught our attention because Dr. Hyman takes the same approach to health that we are trying to take to recover our children from autism. We are trying to remove what is making them sick and add the things that can restore balance to their systems, so that their bodies will heal themselves.
We think Dr. Hyman would agree with our concept that some autism can be “health induced” (www.healthinducedautism.com). In other words, sometimes autism can be induced by environmental factors that causes poor health in our children, thereby causing the symptoms of autism.
We implore you to read Dr. Hyman’s article for yourselves because he gives a very interesting case study about a patient named Joe. Joe had all sorts of health problems and was on 6 different medications and yet, he still felt awful. Dr. Hyman helped Joe make lifestyle and health changes that lead to his full recovery. He felt better than ever. The article explains how Dr. Hyman accomplished this and may even give you some good health tips for yourself or your child.
Dr. Hyman is our new crush.
To read the full article by Dr. Hyman go to: http://drhyman.com/why-treating-your-symptoms-is-a-recipe-for-disaster-3520/comment-page-1/#comment-18603