Yesterday we spoke about the importance of getting healthy from the inside out through digestion. Today, we thought we’d talk about the new way we’re trying to get healthy from the outside in… our new skin care obsession – Rafa Naturals!
Our friend Debbie received a gift basket of Rafa Naturals products from her sister for her birthday. It looked like this…
She told us how much she loved the texture and smell of the products. Plus, she could not believe how reasonably priced the products were. We immediately googled the company and fell in love with the all natural ingredients. We are visual creatures, so Rafa Naturals reeled us in. We loved the look of the product packaging and the website – clean and classy. The products look very high-end yet the prices are comparable to drug store brands!
Before we go any further… we know you are probably rolling your eyes thinking that we’re getting paid to plug this company. But we really aren’t. We just love these products due to their natural ingredients and cost effectiveness and we want to share what we’ve stumbled upon. For those of you in the anti-aging battle like us, we think these products are a great find.
We have very different issues with our skin. Leah has large, hideous pores (as she puts it). Her skin is oily and prone to break outs. Molly, on the other hand, is trying to undo her years of sunbathing with baby oil and a sun reflector – like this…
She needs to get rid of sun spots and prevent even more crow’s-feet. After reading all about the products online we went ahead and ordered a few products. Here’s the run down.
Leah’s Current Products:
- Clarifying Cleanser – The Clarifying Cleanser is an incredibly refreshing foaming cleanser which is packed with extracts and vitamins to protect and nourish skin while the charcoal deeply cleans all the bacteria away. Essential Oils of Bergamot, Tea Tree, Roman Chamomile, & German Chamomile help eliminate break outs. $15.00
- Clarifying Astringent -This natural astringent is powerful and gentle all in one product. Fruit acids balance your skin tone while Alpha Hydroxies gently exfoliate. Black Willowbark provides naturally occurring salicylic acid to fight the causes of acne. DMAE gives the skin a tight and polished appearance while the essential oils get to the root cause of acne. $14.00
- Clarifying Serum – This serum not only helps to prevent breakouts, but it also helps to reduce redness that often accompanies breakouts. Full of amazing ingredients like Rooibos Tea Extract to help calm the skin and Organic Green Tea Extract to fight the signs of premature aging. As an added bonus, it also helps fight the signs of aging with DMAE, MSM, & Hyaluronic Acid that all work together to reduce the appearance of fine lines and sagging skin. Also included is Tea Tree to help reduce breakouts and Helichrysum to repair scarring. $18.00
- Vitamin C Creme – Their top-selling crème for good reason. Vitamin C has received a lot of attention lately due to its ability to protect skin from free radicals, those nasty skin damaging molecules. Extracts like Wild Blueberry, Organic Bilberry, Organic Cranberry and Organic Citrus Fruits all work together to create a barrier against the assault your skin encounters on a daily basis from free radicals. Vitamin C is also thought to improve skin complexion, reduce fine lines, and prevent future lines from forming. $20.00
Leah has noticed that she doesn’t need to use a lot of these products… a little goes a long way. Therefore, she feels she is getting a lot of bang for her buck. She has been using the products for 2 weeks now and loves the way it makes her skin feel soft and not greasy. In addition, she has noticed she has cleaner pores. She uses the cleanser morning and night, followed by the astringent, then the serum and lastly, the Vitamin C Creme. She still uses her old eye creme from a different company. But, as soon as she runs out, she plans to buy the Rafa Naturals Revitalizing Eye Creme. She loves the clean scent of all the products. She wishes this post had “smell-o-vision” so you could smell what she’s talking about… there is no overpowering, perfumey smell.
Molly’s Current Products:
- AHA Creme – Alpha-hydroxy acid removes dead skin to reveal fresher, newer skin underneath. Over time, wrinkles diminish, skin tone is more even, and skin looks younger and more radiant. This moisturizer absorbs into skin very easily and contains 5% glycolic acid. $20.00
- Intensive Overnight Facial Oil – Let your skin experience the benefits of 11 different oils including Coconut, Olive, Avocado, Rosehip Seed, Argan, Pomegranate and Blackcurrant Seed. These oils help to increase oxygenation & cellular regeneration. Essential fatty acids from Argan increase skin suppleness & elasticity while the antioxidants in the Pomegranate oil fight free radicals & sooth irritate skin. Essential oils of Cistus, Myrtle, Neroli, Petitgrain & Frankincense help to tone & tighten skin. Surprisingly does not feel oily on the skin, but absorbs in rapidly, leaving skin silky soft. Will not clog pores. $24.00
- Vitamin C Creme – Their top selling crème for good reason. Vitamin C has received a lot of attention lately due to its ability to protect skin from free radicals, those nasty skin damaging molecules. Extracts like Wild Blueberry, Organic Bilberry, Organic Cranberry and Organic Citrus Fruits all work together to create a barrier against the assault your skin encounters on a daily basis from free radicals. Vitamin C is also thought to improve skin complexion, reduce fine lines, and prevent future lines from forming.
- Rosehip & Hibiscus Serum – Rosehip Seed Oil is a rich source of Omega-3, Omega-6 fatty acids & other Essential Fatty Acids that reduce inflammation & calm skin. Perfect for those with excessively dry skin, eczema & psoriasis. Hibiscus Extract with its antioxidant properties helps to prevent further oxidative stress to the skin. DMAE is added to tighten sagging skin while MSM increases collagen production reducing the appearance of fine lines. $18.00
- Revitalizing Eye Creme – Peptides are getting a lot of attention lately due their ability to increase collagen production. Skin is made mostly of collagen. As we age, we lose collagen and thus see thinner, more wrinkled skin. Collagen is made up of amino acids, which in turn are made up of peptides. Peptides tell your skin to make more collagen, resulting in fewer wrinkles. Rice bran and soybean proteins do an amazing job of reducing dark circles and caffeine has been added to help reduce puffiness. A fast-absorbing crème that feels great. $15.00
For the past several months, Molly has used the AHA Creme all over and the Intensive Overnight Facial Oil around her eyes at night. She has noticed that she wakes up in the morning less blotchy, with more even skin tone. She doesn’t run to her makeup bag as quickly now. She is comfortable going to her morning work out and the grocery store without any makeup which she never would have done in the past! She loves the Revitalizing Eye Creme because she wakes up with puffy bags under her eyes and the creme immediately gets rid of the puffiness. She uses the Rosehip & Hibiscus Serum first followed by the Vitamin C Creme in the morning and it has eliminated her issues with dry skin. Her make up goes on smoother now and her crow’s-feet are less noticeable.
To change the subject… a quick shout out to the owner of Rafa Naturals… we saw on your website the recipe for homemade sunscreen balm. However, we are too lazy to make it. We have looked FOREVER for a sunscreen that doesn’t poison our children. Can you please add this to your product line so that we can buy it for our children? And while you’re at it, how about making some tinted moisturizer!